Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sisterly Love

I never had a sister, well until I was 17 years old and technically not a full blood sister, but always wanted one growing up. I would see the bond my friends and their sisters had, the fun inside jokes, dress up and sharing clothes, and all the love that connects them...and I never got to experience it. I am so excited for our girls to have that and am even more excited to see that bond develop with time.

Kenzie, although loves her sister dearly, is still learning how to "play" with Honor. This week we had our first oops incident as Kenzie was flailing her headband (with a rhinestone broach attached) around and it conked Honor right on the head. Honor immediately turned red in the face and let out a blood curdling scream of a cry, holding her breath in between bursts. Kenzie froze, unsure of what to do and what really had happened. After soothing Honor, Kenzie and I had our first heart to heart about being gentle with her. I have a feeling that those will become more often and more intense with time, but I also know that Kenzie has such a big heart for her baby sis.

I've tried hard to capture as many sweet Big Sis and Lil Sis photos as possible. I can already see them posted up on the girls' high school graduation photo boards :)











"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of.  You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."  ~Amy Li

1 comment:

  1. I never had a sister until almost three years ago and now I have two! It is a different and wonderful feeling and hope for many years to come.
    It is wonderful for these two wonderful little girls to grow up together and have that wonderful bond!
    Thanks for sharing! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete