Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reflecting...

Today is a somber day for our country. Many are reflecting and reminiscing where they were when they found out about the attacks on the Trade Center towers and the Pentagon. I was just a sophomore in high school, completely naive to what that day really meant for not only my future but for the country as a whole. Little did I know the personal impact that day would have in my life in just 10 short years later. Sitting there in US History I had no clue that in 11 years I would be living on a Marine Corps base, out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, serving in the silent ranks of the spouses of the servicemen and women that continue to honor those lives lost and impacted by the events of September 11th.

Brett is an amazing man. Today, I can't help but think of him and his amazing wish to help serve our country and protect our freedom each and every day. I feel such pride and honor when I think about what he does on a daily basis. I know I am unique, not many women even know or understand what their husbands do when they go to work. I know exactly what my husband does. He protects your life. He protects mine. He supports our nation and it's leadership. But, more specifically, he saves the lives of those on the air field. He is an aircraft rescue fire fighter and an amazing one at that! It has been such an uplifting experience to see him take on his job full force and with great motivation. So today, as you think about where you were and what you were doing when you learned about the attacks on 9/11/01- think about those who are working hard to protect both you and I on this very day.

No comments:

Post a Comment