Thursday, May 9, 2013

T is for Tent, C is for Color

I'm playing catch up buy I had snapped several pics from our homeschool adventures so I thought I would share. I know quite a few of my SAHM are trying simliar things so I thought they might want to adopt some of these ideas.

 We built lots of tents inside the house. Kenzie played with her babies, she made pretend lunch and even took a pretend nap!


 With some convincing she event talked me into allowing her to have a lunch picnic under one of her tents. 

 One of her favorite activities in her tent was "star gazing." We shut off all the lights and used a flashlight to project cut out letters (t, x, z, g, a) onto the top of the tent. Kenzie and I took turns being the flashlight holder and the star watcher. 
 I think she loved making our house into a bunch of tents!! 

For C week we did lots with colors! One of my favorite ideas was to use our egg carton again to sort buttons by color. First, Kenzie went through our foam letter stash and picked out the letter "C" from each color. 

Then she sorted all of her buttons by color. I didn't have a white "C" or a purple "C" so those buttons were sorted on the lid. We had just watered her garden, hence the dirty finger nails! Ooops!! 



Some other things we did:

T- we sang lots of Twinkle Twinkle, made the letter T with sticks and yarn
C- we used water color paints to mix colors. I would paint one color and Kenzie would paint the other and then we'd mix together. I used this printable.

No comments:

Post a Comment